cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: business advanced question.

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Because on the assistance chat they don't know

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
Most services, where you can buy additional space, allow you to cancel the space if you are no longer using it. But do keep in mind that means you lose that five terabytes if you no longer are paying for it.

Again this is how most storage companies work, since there is no official documentation and support nor the blog is really addressing any of the major questions, this is the only answer that would make sense.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
To see, because it means that new customers who start with 15 tb will be disadvantaged if the rule you mention is real...

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I'm not sure I understand like you because he talks about buying an additional storage pack and not a rental, for me the purchase means payment once and not every month. Because it all changes, out of the question to pay every month for my part...

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9
It is definitely a monthly subscription, $10 per month per TB if you do it monthly or $8 per month per TB if you do it annually.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
Does it mean that if I take 5 tb in December, 5 tb in March, I will pay 100 euros + the 77 euros of my subscription? It's not logical. No customer will stay. In addition, for the moment there is nothing to announce on this side, so I'm waiting to see, I don't see the interest they know very well that most customers will ask for storage because with 1TB per month it's not enough

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

From March onward, yes it would be $100 per month. 

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I'll see when they're going to contact us, but their speech is not clear

Thunder1
Helpful | Level 5
The blogpost is very vague..

I asked Support for more details but they just repeat the blogpost..

So for me it is still not clear if already existing customers will be able to keep their current storage as long as they have an active subscription or not.

Will the additional monthly fee only be applicable for future storage Expansions or will they begin to charge for every TB exceeding 15 or 35 TB..
Nobody knows, and they wont give clear answers.

Also Support told me that existing customers are still eligible for 1TB monthly expansion of storage for free.
Nothing of this makes any logical sense..

Eldon McGuinness
Collaborator | Level 9

@OfficeInCT That would only be for the expanded storage though, not including your licenses. If @Niitr0  BUYING 10TB of space and his/her current bill is 77€, the monthly bill, with 10TB of extra storage will be 177€/month.

Need more support?