cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Space Limitiation 1 tera for month

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

Duncan Macintyre
Helpful | Level 6

To reinforce focus on one of the point we need to discuss in the form, let me quote the message I just sent to Dropbox Support:

"Please provide the first additional 10TB that I need in order to start the multi-terabyte copy of data from my disks to Dropbox. If you can’t provide the storage I need immediately, then I ask that you revise the both the promise “as much as you need” currently on your website and the price of Dropbox Business Advanced service. Either deliver or provide rebates and refunds, starting with me, and by all mean continuing to include all affected customers. In other words, put up or shut up and pay back!

I look forward to hearing from you at your very earliest convenience.

Duncan Macintyre"

sphen
Collaborator | Level 8
The r clone documentation is very good and walks you through how to connect. It also states that chunking is on by default with box. https://rclone.org/box/

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@Duncan Macintyre  ,

they will not answer you, or else apologize to you but nothing more because for the moment "the problem" is being analyzed in order to agree on a livable solution first for THEM and then for the customers. ...

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@sphen 

thank you for your return, but I have already looked at this document, when I am sent to the box.com page to accept sharing to rclone I get an error, but I do not know why.

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6

I was told today, that I can only have 1TB per month. The last communication with Dropbox was 10TB per week. Now it's 1TB per month!

They don't seem to wish to talk about this or talk to us about the problem.

They are now not telling me this is a problem but how it is now. but have had no email about this change with things nothing! 

What is going on? Why such the change? when I signed up I told them the space i needed and what i use it for. I use a lot of video and sending and getting it from places.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@Niitr0 

Have you by rclone correct select? user "1" or enterprise "2"  ? You must use 2 as a business customer. That could be one of your error's.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

I tried both, I got an "invalid client" error message
. customer id = email?

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

Is this really the right thread for this box conversation? Take it to PMs or outside of this thread.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

you can go your way if the discussion bothers you, it's a simple matter of using rclone.

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

Not really, it's a simple matter of you being off topic. Create another thread if that's useful, however none of this has anything to do with the problems that companies/business advanced users are experiencing with Dropbox.

Wanna share tips on Rclone? Use discord of something along the lines, but this is not the right place for it.

Is that any clearer?

Need more support?