cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My space is full but I never authorized my data to be added to Dropbox - how to undo this?

My space is full but I never authorized my data to be added to Dropbox - how to undo this?

givemebackmydata
New member | Level 2

i just got notified that my dropbox was full but have no idea how this even happened. I never authorized linking to my stuff and my data to be stolen. 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@givemebackmygoddamndata wrote:

i just got notified that my dropbox was full but have no idea how this even happened. I never authorized linking to my stuff and my data to be stolen. 

Dropbox can't link to your computer or copy your data without your input. It simply doesn't work that way.

If your account is full you may have activated the Backup feature without realizing it. Check your Backups page. If you have no data there, take a screenshot of your usage from your Plan page and reply with it here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?