cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I be using 8.69 GB out of 2 GB? Where can I check my actual storage?

How can I be using 8.69 GB out of 2 GB? Where can I check my actual storage?

Vitaaliy
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I am Basic (2 Gb) customer. How can it be: "Using 8.69 GB of 2 GB space"?
I looked through my Dropbox current content and nowhere didn't find the option to show the real memory storage occupied by each my material.
I would like to delete some my items to remain within the legal memory limit of Free Plan. How can I do it?

16 Replies 16

Rich
Super User II

@Vitaaliy wrote:

I looked through my Dropbox current content and nowhere didn't find the option to show the real memory storage occupied by each my material.

Your actual usage can be found on your Plan page.

I am Basic (2 Gb) customer. How can it be: "Using 8.69 GB of 2 GB space"?

Have you checked your Backups page?

Vitaaliy
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, Rich, for your prompt reply.
I do not understand how I can use 8.69 GB of 2 GB space. My Baqckups page is empty. I would like to see space occupation table with exact memory occupied by each item. Is it possible here? Why this first rate information is buried so deep somewhere? How can I plan using DropBox facility with closed eyes?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Vitaaliy, have you tried clicking the link that @Rich provided in order to see a breakdown of your account's quota on your plan page? 

What do you see there? Feel free to send over a screenshot if you have any. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vitaaliy
Explorer | Level 3

Hey, Megan, Here is my Plan page:

Your Personal Dropbox account is full Using 8.7 GB of 5.5 GB
Regular files (2.3 GB)
Backup (6.4 GB)
Replay (0 bytes)
Shared files (0 bytes)

Sorry for the text format. The option: insert/edit image - does not function at all...

My Backup is empty:

Backup
Drop files here to upload,
or use the 'Upload' button

More ways to add content

No images - due the same reason. So many features here do not work or work in some strange way. I feel like Alice in the Wonderland and am almost ready to quit.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Let's try something else @Vitaaliy

Would you mind accessing both your Backup page and our Community page through a different browser, please? Just to check if this is a browser-specific issue. 

If the Backup page is empty, can you check again if you can upload a screenshot while using a different browser, in order for me to have a visual? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II

@Vitaaliy wrote:

Sorry for the text format. The option: insert/edit image - does not function at all...

It does function, but in the past you needed to be at least a Level 3 user before it was available. I don't know if that's still the case.

47e29cd71811278ce7dfe96396b264ff.png

Vitaaliy
Explorer | Level 3

I changed Firefox to Opera (and am now there) with no visible effects. But had some fun. On the screen Backup page is empty, but when I tried to upload there small picture - it cried:
Your Dropbox is full
You can’t upload files because you’re out of storage space. Before you can upload to Dropbox, you need to get more space.
Something is rotten in this Kingdom. Right?

Now I'm trying to upload you my screenshots.

The same dump reaction. But I've got a wise remark from Rich (lower): @"... in the past you needed to be at least a Level 3 user". Maybe. I appreciate the bright and deep thoughts of local administration. But now I suspect that they stepped a bit too far: my account is almost empty but they imply the idea to change for more (payed) space. I shall tell this joke to my friends.

Vitaaliy
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Rich! Now I became already Level 3 user, and we will check your idea.

- No! It did not work.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @Vitaaliy! To clarify, what do you see exactly when clicking on the camera icon Rich sent above to upload your screenshot here? Since your screenshots don’t get saved to your Dropbox account, you shouldn’t have any issues.

I’m just asking because we need the screenshot of your Backups page to look into this further, since what you’re seeing is a bit odd indeed.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    headhead4 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?