cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got invited to a Dropbox team. The shared folder is above 3gb. I need a payed plan to access?

Just got invited to a Dropbox team. The shared folder is above 3gb. I need a payed plan to access?

Lilochee
New member | Level 2

I got an invitation to participate on a folder from a company that i´m working with. I´m on a basic plan (just joined). The folder has over 3gb and it doesn´t allow me to access it - basic plano offers 2gb free. The only way to access the folder is by upgrading my account? Or is there a specific setup that the comapny with a payed account can use to grant me access without having to upgrade my account?

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

HI there @Lilochee - thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you got an invitation to join a shared folder, not a team account. 

In this case, since the folder is larger than your account's quota, you'll need to ask the company to share a link to the folder with view only rights, to avoid affecting your own account's quota. 

If you need to upload back to their account, you can ask them to open up a file request for you from their end instead.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lilochee
New member | Level 2

Hey @walter thanks for getting back. Appreciate your response.
How can the company invite me for a team account? What are the requirements?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

They can follow these steps, assuming that they're using a Dropbox for teams account @Lilochee 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lilochee
New member | Level 2

Excellent, Thanks again @walker.
Just one more question. The company has a business account. How can the company know if it has a Team Account? And if not, set it up? 

Mark
Super User II

If its a Business Account thats a team one @Lilochee 

They will need to make sure they have a spare paid licence for you, or, if not buy one before they send you it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@Lilochee 

Just make sure you understand what is happening when joining a team account. You'll be asked if you want to merge your account or start a new one. If you choose merge, your account will be merged into the team, effectively making them the owner of your account. If you later want to leave the team, only the team admin can convert your account back to a personal account. If he just removes you, the account is deleted.

The other option has you create a new account with a different email address and your personal files are moved to it, then your current account is merged into the team. This keeps everything completely separate.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
    Lilochee New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?