cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using 0GBs and Dropbox says my account is full - I can't access my shared files.

I'm using 0GBs and Dropbox says my account is full - I can't access my shared files.

Jess88
New member | Level 2

Last night I had no problems accessing the file links from my employer but this morning it won’t let me saying my Dropbox is full. It won’t let me access any of the files without a pop up forcing me into an upgrade or trial. Nothing has been added to the sharing files since May so why suddenly today it’s out of storage? My account says I have used 0gb of 2gb so I should be able to continue using the basic version? 

So frustrating . Any comments or help would be great please. 

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

So, something has either been added to the share (note you wont see it as its now taken you over quota) OR you have activated backup at www.dropbox.com/backups.

The only way to get in is either more quota or them to remove something from the share.

www.dropbox.com/gs may help with additional quota

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jess88
New member | Level 2

Thank you, that makes sense. My employer has deleted some files to make space and to see if we can solve the problem, however, it was still happening. I signed out and back in to see if that rebooted the files and now they are completely gone!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jess88 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?