cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm presented with an option to upgrade my Dropbox account, but it's not nearly full.

I'm presented with an option to upgrade my Dropbox account, but it's not nearly full.

isaacThaler
Explorer | Level 3

Opening dropbox, I am presented with options to upgrade my storage because my dropbox is full when i is nearly empty. Why?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@isaacThaler wrote:

Opening dropbox, I am presented with options to upgrade my storage because my dropbox is full when i is nearly empty. Why?

Are you sure? Have you checked your Backups page? What does Dropbox report for your usage on your Plan page? Provide a screenshot if you can. It should look like this:

Space Usage.png

isaacThaler
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response. What I saw is that Dropbox listed the backup on my local USB. I have tried to delete them and it does not seem to work. As far as I can see, there are no backup files in the Dropbox site. I checked again. The content of the files in my Dropbox is 26.2 MB. That all. Looking forward to some help. Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@isaacThaler wrote:

What I saw is that Dropbox listed the backup on my local USB. ... As far as I can see, there are no backup files in the Dropbox site.

Are you saying that there's a backup of a USB drive listed on your Backups page, or that you think Dropbox is including a backup that you have stored on a USB drive in the space calculations?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    isaacThaler Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?