cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help editing folders that have been shared with me

Help editing folders that have been shared with me

Luis3d
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have a basic account, my client has shared with me a link to edit the folder of his project "X", my dropbox folder is empty. When I open the link from my client, the first legend I see is that my storage is full and this does not allow me to upload my work to the client's folder. I can download files, but I can't upload anything, do you know why this happens? my collaborators can work without any problem, one of them shared with me a SS of his configurations and he has two accounts in the synchronization tab, our boss's and his, I only have my account and not my boss's account.

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Luis3d - thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

Shared folders take up space on both of your accounts and if the folder is larger than your account's capacity (quota what you described is normal actually.

In this case, you can ask your client to open a file request for you since in that way you'll be able to upload back to their account without impacting your own quota.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

itahoki
Explorer | Level 3

Your basic Dropbox account's storage limit is likely exceeded, preventing you from uploading files to the shared folder. When a folder is shared with you, its contents count against your storage quota. To resolve this, either upgrade your Dropbox account for more storage or ask your client to invite you to their Dropbox Business account if they have one.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

itahoki Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?