cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox logging out before completing sync

Dropbox logging out before completing sync

EMASchool
Explorer | Level 4

MacOS 14.4.1

Dropbox (Business) 197.4.7571

Initially Dropbox had got stuck on startup at the 'Connecting Components' stage, which left me unable to access my Downloads and Documents folders as well as the Business dropbox folders (although my personal dropbox folders were fine). I reinstalled the latest version several times, including attempting an advanced install (which didn't work because Terminal didn't like the address for the Dropbox folders).

I then logged out of my Business account and Dropbox started up okay, then when I tried to log back into the Business account I got the warning about a lack of free space and selected which folders to sync, at which point everything seemed to be working; the Business folder appeared (in a new location, but I'll work with that) and seemed to be syncing, but after less than a minute it stopped and I found that my Business account was logged out again. I have tried logging back in several times, varying which folders to sync until I had only the Downloads and Documents folders selected, but it has made no difference.

I also tried to delete the cache but the “.dropbox.cache” folder didn't appear. Can anyone help?

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @EMASchool, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

What happens if you reboot the device and then attempt to sign into your account again?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EMASchool
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay, thanks for the response!

I just tried as you suggested, rebooted the computer and then tried to log in to my Business account and it went the same as before. One other thing I noticed was that the Dropbox app seemed to close down and then restart, which must be why it stopped syncing.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, I'd recommend contacting the support team to see what else they can suggest regarding this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EMASchool
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Jay, I have contacted support and it has been escalated up to 'Advanced Support'. I'll check back here when I have a solution in case it can help anyone else.

EMASchool
Explorer | Level 4

Just an update; support have said that "Dropbox engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a solution as we speak", so it seems like it's an issue with the Mac implementation.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

EMASchool Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?