cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox on terminal computer

Dropbox in a Citrix environment

marcokoch
Helpful | Level 5

We are busy implementing Dropbox where some 100 user will use it in a Citrix environment. I am aware, that this is not supported by Dropbox 🙂

Our setup is the following and it should work according to your information, and I am wondering, it this is a bug or a feature 😉

We have set globally to save the files online only. After the first setup all looks good. I see the files, but just the shadows. My whole folder is 900bytes.

I can work and everything looks promising. The process with the files is, that when I logoff, the files are copied with the whole AppData to my profile. The next time I log on all files are loaded, including my Dropbox files. The issue is that the second time I logon the client syncs all files as real files.

This is totally odd, since all Dropbox files are only on the server as long, I work on it, then they are copied to the user home folder.

I would not be worried if it only would be the user data, but since everyone has access to team folders, this can pretty fast add up.

When I now manage hard drive space and remove everything, it looks good, but after a restart, everything is back again.

Maybe there is a file that we are missing to copy in the AppData.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@marcokoch wrote:

We are busy implementing Dropbox where some 100 user will use it in a Citrix environment. I am aware, that this is not supported by Dropbox ...

Sounds like you're running FSLogix for your profile management. We do as well.

My company doesn't use Dropbox, but they do use OneDrive and we started making the switch to a full Citrix environment a few of years ago, with a couple thousand users. OneDrive and Citrix don't play well together, so we use a third-party cloud mapping software to mount our cloud accounts as drives. Works great. I'd suggest you go that route instead of trying to get Dropbox working in an environment where it's not supported. It's not only that Dropbox doesn't support Citrix. It's the server operating system as well. Double whammy!

marcokoch
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for your reply. We do not use FSLogix but I heard about the same situation.

May I ask what cloud mapping solution you reccomend?

Rich
Super User II

@marcokoch wrote:

May I ask what cloud mapping solution you reccomend?

I don't have a recommendation for one to use for Dropbox within Citrix. The one we use only works with OneDrive, unfortunately, so it wouldn't work in your case. There are several that do support Dropbox. A quick Google search will find them.

Need more support?