cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleted MANY files, but DropBox will not acknowledge extra space, still says my account is full

Deleted many files, but Dropbox will not acknowledge extra space, still says my account is full

monte1
New member | Level 2

This feels like a deliberate, malicious attempt to force me to upgrade by refusing to recognize that files have been deleted and space has been opened up. There is no avenue to reach out to dropbox support and I have not found a good troubleshoot for this across any forums. Has anyone discovered a way to make DropBox recognize that you have deleted files and opened up space?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@monte1 wrote:

Has anyone discovered a way to make DropBox recognize that you have deleted files and opened up space?

It can sometimes take a bit for the system to update your usage. Have you also checked your Backups page to make sure nothing is taking up space there.

Anna456
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same problem, over more than one year, that deleted files still take up space. The names files on my account take up 1 GB of space, but I cannot find a way to 'see' the freed 1 GB out of 2 GB of my account. Dropbox needs to make this clear, so that I can use the full storage available to me. Is there a solution?

Mark
Super User II

Deleted files do not use space

EVERYTHING at www.dropbox.com/home and www.dropbox.com/backups however does. So if you have files remember those are eating quota - including shared ones. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?