cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a Large Security Copy

Delete a Large Security Copy

Poul Lorca
New member | Level 2

I've recently noticed that my 2GB of storage space is completely filled, primarly due to a large security copy. However, I'm facing challenges in identifying where this file is located. Here's what I've tried so far:

* I have deselected the security copies in my account setting (desktop)

* Nothing apperas to be syncing currently.

* I've cleared the cache and hidden element in the Dropbox folder.

* I've even reinstalled Dropbox.

Aditionally, the only significatn usage I can see is 2.1 MB in a shared folder, which appears to be the only thing I can delete. I'm baffled as to what is taking up the rest of  the space.

Captura.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Poul Lorca wrote:

I've recently noticed that my 2GB of storage space is completely filled, primarly due to a large security copy. However, I'm facing challenges in identifying where this file is located.

Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Poul Lorca wrote:

I've recently noticed that my 2GB of storage space is completely filled, primarly due to a large security copy. However, I'm facing challenges in identifying where this file is located.

Check your Backups page.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?