cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

typo in my email. asked to verify. now stuck.

typo in my email. asked to verify. now stuck.

labhelp
New member | Level 2

Hi, I created an account that had a typo. I had hotmail.om and not hotmail.com which is the correct email. 

• I am being billed for a pro account and receiving emails to my hotmail.com email address
  • At subscription management, it still displays that I have a Basic account and not a Pro account that I have been billed for. 
  • I was told to verify my address the hotmail.om address in hopes of changing it. I never received the verification email and I am unable to edit the email address from hotmail.om to hotmail.com 
  • I am unable to chat to a service rep because my email isn't verified. I cant verify it because there is a typo. 

any assistance is welcomed. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@labhelp wrote:

I am being billed for a pro account and receiving emails to my hotmail.com email address

Are you sure you don't have multiple accounts? If you're receiving emails from Dropbox at the correct address, then you likely have an account with the correct address.

Try to sign in using the correct spelling of your account. Reset the password if necessary.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@labhelp wrote:

I am being billed for a pro account and receiving emails to my hotmail.com email address

Are you sure you don't have multiple accounts? If you're receiving emails from Dropbox at the correct address, then you likely have an account with the correct address.

Try to sign in using the correct spelling of your account. Reset the password if necessary.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?