cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

DT83
New member | Level 2

Morning All

I have uploaded folders this morning and everyone within the Dropbox group have had an email from myself (via Dropbox) inviting them to edit said folder.

This is the first time this has happened and my colleagues have made new folders after and no emails have been sent out. 

Support were less then helpful and I am sure it will be a silly setting I have hit my end, but could anyone please help?

Thank you

44 Replies 44

Lwaldren
New member | Level 2

Hello Hannah,

I have not seen any updates about this. Can you give us a status update? I have a lot of people that are unhappy with this change.

bgva
New member | Level 2

I work on a photography team where we all upload our photos daily. Yesterday and today, a few coworkers have told me that they received a notification that I shared folders with them. We've used Dropbox for years but this is the first time I've heard of this happening. When I create a new folder, I noticed two options: "Everyone with Access" and "Specific People"...the first option also has a checkbox that says "Send an email notification", which I uncheck. 

Is this a glitch? I can't find a way to turn off the notification and for some reason, that checkbox is checked by default every. Single. Time. I don't want to annoy or bombard my coworkers with unnecessary notifications, so can anyone please help with a solution?

AliceDropbox
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi everyone! I'm the Product Manager for this feature. Thank you all for the feedback! We are planning to update this so the default checkbox is OFF. When you (or team members) create a new team folder, you'll have to check the box if you want to notify other members of the shared folder you have created a new folder

Our engineering team is in the middle of this update so this should be rolled out in the next week or 2. Thank you again everyone for your feedback and patience!

ttBaH
New member | Level 2

Glad to hear that a fix is in process. I've been getting inundated with 30-40 of these email notifications each day as my team creates new folders. While waiting for the engineering team to get to it, is there a place within the admin console or other where we can change this setting manually?

gdcouey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Alice! We haven't seen this rolled out. Can you please provide an update?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gdcouey New member | Level 2
    ttBaH New member | Level 2
    AliceDropbox Dropbox Product Manager
    bgva New member | Level 2
    Lwaldren New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?