cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Sending multiple notifications to all members as of June 24/2024.

Team members receiving emails inviting them to edit the folders I uploaded

DT83
New member | Level 2

Morning All

I have uploaded folders this morning and everyone within the Dropbox group have had an email from myself (via Dropbox) inviting them to edit said folder.

This is the first time this has happened and my colleagues have made new folders after and no emails have been sent out. 

Support were less then helpful and I am sure it will be a silly setting I have hit my end, but could anyone please help?

Thank you

44 Replies 44

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 6

Update: there is a Dropbox product management PM investigating and discussing right now on the ideas post.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all of your input here. This was posted as an idea, and as @anthony_nordin mentioned, one of our Product Managers is currently investigating. You can find the idea thread here. We will post updates when we have more information to share!

Thanks,

Ben

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 6

That's very strange. The box doesn't appear and the notifications are still being sent out?

anthony_nordin
Helpful | Level 6

As far as I can tell, the box is still there. At least it is for me and the rest of our office employees.

BillGr
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning,

Our company uses Dropbox daily to upload construction drawings for the field members to have access to. 

As of this morning (June 24/2024) we are getting multiple complaints back to the office because of notifications to users emails/phone notifications about every item being uploaded to Dropbox. 

Often I'll upload 10-20 folders a day with multiple files in each and our field users just locate the file that was assigned to them. However, now every user is being notified that I've uploaded each project and is being overwhelmed with notifications. 

Is this a new update that dropbox put out over the weekend?

Also is there a way from my end to turn this off or do each of my field guys need to now go into their settings and disable notifications? 

Thanks for your time,

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @BillGr - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you referring to in-app notifications, bell notifications on the website or email notifications?

Also, are you a team admin or a team member? 

Let us know more and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BillGr
Explorer | Level 4

Hello!

When i click on groups/members there are 24 of us and it lists all of us as "members". I don't see an admin title on anyone(myself included).

Everyone in the group is receiving email notifications and app notifications on their phone for each item I upload.

Before this weekend users did receive email notifications but not phone app updates. 

dealersubmit
Explorer | Level 4

I am also running into the same issues this morning with my team. I am getting lots of complaints about the extra email notifications going to the members accounts. This is happening any time a link is created, a folder is made, or anything is uploaded. 

Is there a way to turn this off ASAP? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @BillGr and @dealersubmit, you might want to take a look at this idea for further info on this.

I hope this helps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dealersubmit
Explorer | Level 4

@Hannah Sorry, this is not helpful as it is just linked to an idea and not a solution. I am looking for an answer as to why this happened recently and how to fix it. I need to have my members have access to our folders but we don't need everyone receiving a bunch of email notifications for every action done within Dropbox. We need this to stop as it is massively clogging our systems. 

Need more support?