cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with Android app switching between accounts

Problem with Android app switching between accounts

Terry32
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I have the android app and my personal (basic) account and work account connected. I've recently noticed that if in the personal account there is no option to switch to the work account. I have to logout of the personal account and then it defaults back to the work account. Then if I want to get back to the personal one I have to login again and it switches ok but if then try to go back to the work account the link has disappeared again.

Both accounts show in the settings and everything works ok on PC and online, it is just an app issue and is the same on both my phone (android V12) and tablet V13), both running App version 356.2.2 which I believe is latest.

Terry

10 Replies 10

Terry32
Helpful | Level 6

Workaround now given below.

We are in the in the process of migrating the account switcher to be on the account tab for all users, and removing the sidebar menu. 

However at this point in the migration, when the personal user is active, the switcher is in the account tab. When the business user is active the sidebar will have the switcher.

Our engineers hope to implement a fix for this, which should be rolled out in future app updates. But meanwhile, kindly continue to use the above workaround to switch between accounts.

Need more support?