cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No option to open Dropbox link in Finder?

No option to open Dropbox link in Finder?

theactualangie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I seem to be missing the setting that allows me to open Dropbox folders in finder instead of in a browser. Can someone please tell me how to open a Dropbox link in Finder? My Mac is: macOS Monterey; Version 12.5. 

Two images are attached. As you can see in the second screen shot, I do not have the option I am seeing available to others online. Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 4.52.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-10 at 4.52.23 PM.png

15 Replies 15

lisaklingner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We run files through dropbox and are continually sharing file links with each other for easy access - however really dislike how the links open in a web browser and not in finder - we have dropbox set up on Macs and would love the option to open in finder so we can use applications on our computer to edit them eg Word, Excel etc and not have to use web versions.

Is this likely to be an option in the future?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lisaklingner, welcome to our Community! 

Your feedback regarding our shared links has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I'll forward your thoughts to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

If you need anything else, let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lisaklingner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Megan

I have just received notification of a new update for Dropbox for Mac uses. Does this address the issue I was having at all?
Thanks

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lisaklingner wrote:
I have just received notification of a new update for Dropbox for Mac uses. Does this address the issue I was having at all?

No. Links will still open in a browser on the Dropbox website, as intended.

lisaklingner
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok thanks Rich, very disappointing

kolossal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Don’t know why this is marked as Solved. This is one of those features that I thought Dropbox supported and am disappointed every day to find out it doesn't.

In my opinion an absolute basic feature. Either there should be an option in the Finder to copy a direct link to the Dropbox file so that other team members can open it directly in the Finder and/or a button in the web interface: "Open file in Finder"

Need more support?