cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Dropbox from accessing and syncing my SD card on Windows?

How do I stop Dropbox from accessing and syncing my SD card on Windows?

B Freddie
New member | Level 2

Hi All, I have a trail camera that takes hundreds of photos at a time and I do not want Dropbox to sync them because then I just have to go into Dropbox and delete them. The photos are on a standard SDcard which I view from my installed reader.  I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Is there any way to set up my app so that it ignores the SD card reader unless I request otherwise?

I have poked around all over the Help module already to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@B Freddie wrote:

Is there any way to set up my app so that it ignores the SD card reader unless I request otherwise?

Dropbox doesn't do this by default. You've likely enabled the Camera Uploads feature. Go into the AutoPlay settings in Windows and set the default action for removable drives and memory cards to something other than Import with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@B Freddie wrote:

Is there any way to set up my app so that it ignores the SD card reader unless I request otherwise?

Dropbox doesn't do this by default. You've likely enabled the Camera Uploads feature. Go into the AutoPlay settings in Windows and set the default action for removable drives and memory cards to something other than Import with Dropbox.

B Freddie
New member | Level 2

Rich, Thank you so much. "AutoPlay"! Duh!  I really appreciate your guidance and advice.  My problem is solved.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

B Freddie New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?