cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we speak to someone at Dropbox?

How can we speak to someone at Dropbox?

Shauna Sanheim
New member | Level 2

How do we get to speak to a live human being at Dropbox?

22 Replies 22

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Shauna Sanheim, thanks for contacting us.

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Is there anything you require assistance with that we could provide info on the community?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Matthew1922
New member | Level 2

It kills me that I can not find a way to talk with customer support. Can anyone help? My account is all jacked up and I would love to talk to a human. 

Rich
Super User II

@Matthew1922 wrote:

It kills me that I can not find a way to talk with customer support. Can anyone help? My account is all jacked up and I would love to talk to a human. 

Phone support is only available for Business accounts, and it's initiated via the Admin console by way of a callback. There is no phone number to call.

You can find the support options that are available to you on the Support page, or you can post a question here and we can try to help.

jdestin4
New member | Level 2

It has been almost a year since I paid for my dropbox account. I have about 2 TB of footage store in it. About 9 months ago, I worked on a project where I agreed to receive shared footage with someone. This action caused my account to only show that shared footage. My 2TB of footage is suddenly gone. How can I receive this footage? 

Do I need to pay for a plan before I can talk to a real life human who might be able to fix this for me? 

Or is there a way I can phrase this for a robot to help me?

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jdestin4 

Dropbox doesnt remove data from an account when you get shared access. It just adds to it. 

Are you sure you have not accidentally set up a second account? What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

Data recovery is always only related to the plan status of your account - i.e. if a free user its 30 days. So, if your data was removed over 30 days ago it is not recoverable via Dropbox. Even paying wont extend that. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jdestin4
New member | Level 2

Thank you for your help on this. It is possible I set up another account. Is it possible to have two accounts with the same email? 

When I clicked on the link you sent the last thing shown was the footage being shared to me in July 2022. However, I uploaded tons of footage in July 2021. 

jdestin4
New member | Level 2

It is possible I was made an admin for the "new" account when I was shared footage in July 2022. I just feel like I somehow left my old account and joined a new one with the same login/email/password. And now I can't find my old account. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @jdestin4

Please note that an email address can only be linked to one Dropbox account. 

Is it possible that you joined a Business team with your Dropbox account instead? If yes, are you still part of that Business team or have you been removed from it?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Very_Upset
Explorer | Level 3

If you are a free user, they don't care.  Bot only, with limited canned responses.

If you paid, they still don't care. They got your money. They will find some other sucker to fleece.

Not Dropbox, Zendesk support.

Very few humans on that payroll.

They refuse to even look at my problems. They only send canned responses based on keywords then ignore me.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Stacy3 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Jtremel New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?