cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Account Hacked

Free Account Hacked - Password and e-mail changed

Sasq
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I think someone got the password to my Dropbox account and changed the associated password and e-mail account.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

edit: I see someone else had the same problem, I'll contact support.  Thanks

86 Replies 86

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the update here.

From what I can understand, you either didn't reply to Lex, or you created a new ticket, perhaps.

No need to login to anything to access the email Lex has sent you.

If you go to your email account and open the ticket from there, do you see Lex's response? Are you able to reply back to him?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hannah  

The email I received from Lex is the same reference from the email just received telling me the ticket is now resolved and I dont know how is that ?  I have also send another email to Lex to provide some feedback since there is not link to see the details of the ticket ,,  see below .. completetly lost with this kid of communcation from Lex on ticket 15573176

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Ticket #15573176: DB: account Hacked URGENT

Your issue has been marked as solved.

We would love to hear how easy it was for you to receive the help that you needed, via the survey below. If you need additional assistance, please let us know.

How easy was it to get the help you needed?

Not easy at all

Very easy

Your feedback is valuable and will only take a few seconds. Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The ticket was marked as resolved, because there was no answer to Lex's response from you.

But you can still reply back to it, even now. Just open the email thread from your email account and reply from there.

Once you do, my colleague will assist you further!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I really dont undertand i have done that using my email outlook program and have send many emails to Lex from that.. why isnt he getting my emails then? Inhave no other ways to send an email .. please help!

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hannah 

I have just send him another email reply to his only orginal responce I have is his email [removed by moderator]@dropbox.zendesk.com

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hannan
May I ask ypu to.check the email I responded regarding the ticket please i am tottaly lost with this and Lex has not responded. Any directions will be appreciated

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For days now I am trying to talk to the support as I have returned an email as request but I heard nothing back and they close the ticket which I have no ability to review.  

The ticket is #15573176  and I was responding via email to Lex  (support@dropbox.zendesk.com)  but cant resolve the issue as I never got a responce regarding the Hacked account and lost of admin contol to one of my account.  

May I have some undertanding and support on why our communication is lost for assistance Please 

I need some urgent attention as this matter is not exposed since the 7th of Jan 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @HCAhydrographics, I can see that you responded under that ticket ID today in our system.

Our support agent will be able to investigate this matter from there on via email.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Jay thanks for that but why was the ticket closed 

I have responded many times as requested and nothing after that ..

I hope someone is getting the request as I am waiting with no feedback for days as you can see form my responces above.

There is a lot or private data on my dropbox account which have been hacked. 

looking forward to some responces for Lex or anyone else looking at this activly 

HCAhydrographics
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Jay 

Since I am blind regarding the progress 

I have again responded to LEX from the email received on the 17th however I am still not sure if my email has been received and someone is taking care of this matter.

May I ask you to tell me if you can confirm this PLEASE !

Need more support?