cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: problem with desktop app with 2 basic accounts

Changing default account

joshld12
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I initially setup dropbox through yahoo, then accidentally set up a gmail account on a new iMac computer.  The dropbox App won't get rid of the Gmail account.  I can't change the default Email back to Yahoo, and it's not letting me delete the dropbox app to start over.  Can anyone help?

14 Replies 14

ellepi
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone, I am seeking help with the following problem:

I have two basic accounts associated with my Dropbox, and I had initially connected the desktop app to account 1. Meanwhile, I was accessing the other account (account 2) solely online. However, I recently encountered an unexpected situation where the desktop app has somehow switched its connection to account 2.

I would like to revert to the previous configuration, utilizing the desktop app for account 1 but I cannot figure out how to di it.

Any suggestion?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ellepi, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

If you'd like to connect to a different account on the Dropbox desktop app, you'll first need to sign out of the current account and then sign in with the credentials of the preferred one.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ellepi
New member | Level 2

Thanks @Hannah, I selected logout from the menu app icon, and after that the icon disappeared, while the app is still connected to account2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

The app should prompt you to sign in again, after signing out.

Can you search for the Dropbox app in your programs/apps, relaunch it and let me know what you see?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ellepi
New member | Level 2

I was able to solve the problem by rebooting the computer (which allowed me to see dropbox in the menu bar again) and following your instructions. Thanks a lot!

Need more support?