cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to have 2 non-linked accounts on seperate apps on my computer?

Any way to have 2 non-linked accounts on seperate apps on my computer?

Kimmer7
New member | Level 2

I have a personal Dropbox Plus account that I access through the desktop app.  I have a client that has given me their signin criteria to access their Dropbox Plus account that I access on a daily basis (the two accounts are completely seperate).  Is there a way to have a second desktop app for my client's account?  Or another way to have quicker access to my client's Dropbox?  Signing in and out of my personal account is a pain.  

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Kimmer7 

No there isnt.

Also please note that sharing credentials is against the T&S and can result in account disablement (which means permanent unrecobverable deletion of all data within it) not to mention its really unsafe and unsecure. 

The safest and easiest way is to share a folder from that account to yours and then it will appear on your computer 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@Kimmer7 wrote:

I have a client that has given me their signin criteria to access their Dropbox Plus account ...

Doing that is against the terms and could result in the account being disabled. Account credentials should not be shared. If you need access to files in their account you should be using a shared folder instead.

Is there a way to have a second desktop app for my client's account?

The Dropbox application only supports two accounts when one is a personal account and the other is a Business team account, and the accounts have been linked. It's not possible to run two personal accounts at the same time.

The only way to have two person accounts on the same computer is if each one is installed under a separate computer user, but only one will sync at a time.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?