cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin left without sharing login details - how can I add admin right to my own account?

Admin left without sharing login details - how can I add admin right to my own account?

s_walsh456
New member | Level 2

A user who had admin writes has left and not shared their login details. No other use has admin rights. How do I add admin rights to my user account?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@s_walsh456 wrote:
A user who had admin writes has left and not shared their login details. No other use has admin rights. How do I add admin rights to my user account?

Is this for a Dropbox Business team account? If so, only an admin can give another person admin rights. If their email address is part of a corporate domain, your IT staff may be able to access the email account and use it to reset the person's Dropbox password.

s_walsh456
New member | Level 2
Unfortunately we only had the one account with admin rights. The account is not part of a business solution so we can’t resent as we don’t have access to the email account

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hello @s_walsh456 

Helen here from Dropbox.

I understand your Team Admin has left your organisation and is not contactable? Please create a support ticket from the same email address associated with your own team member account, stating this fact.   

An agent will help you with the process of becoming the Team Admin. 
http://www.dropbox.com/support

Best regards,
Helen 
The Dropbox Team
https://www.dropbox.com/help

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Helen DBX Dropbox Staff
    s_walsh456 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?