cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: account disabled with no warning need it back immediately

Account disabled with no warning need it back immediately.

amanda727
Explorer | Level 3

My account was disabled without warning and I have tried contacting customer service and have received no feedback. My account is used for business, I use it regularly, and I need it back IMMEDIATELY. I have no xxx content on it and strictly use it to store work related files. I submitted a ticket online #23277314 . I have tried contacting a customer service number and was told there was an activation fee and that my account would be activated upon paying the fee. I need this account back now and I don't understand why it was deleted.  Please help!

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @amanda727, welcome to our Community! 

From what I understand here, it sounds like you were part of a Business account, but your account was disabled. 

I'm assuming you weren't the admin of the account, correct? Have you tried contacting the Team's admin, and ask them why this happened, or to add you back? 

They should be able to add you back to the Business team, or help you restore your content. When were you removed? 

Also, I was able to locate your ticket on our system and passed your comments on to the expert who's going to take over your case as soon as possible.

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

What exactly is the error @amanda727 ?

Also, that number you rang - its a scam. Dropbox has no phone support. Please make sure you didnt give any personal info to them. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

amanda727
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan, 

Yes I have but it seems that in the process of being removed from a business team account my own personal work dropbox account was also removed. Being added back by the team admin is not an option. I've had dropbox for 10 years and everything that I need for graduate school, publications, taxes, my LIFE is linked to that account. Please I need this fixed soon. 

amanda727
Explorer | Level 3

my personal work dropbox account was disabled. 

Mark
Super User II

@amanda727 wrote:

Hi Megan, 

Being added back by the team admin is not an option. 

That is the only way to resolve it. 

When you are part of a Business Team that business owns your account and all data in it. They need to re-add you to the team quickly (as after 7 days all data is removed, unless, they've backed it up manually). Then they need to REMOVE you from the account rather than delete you. That will re-create your personal account that you can use as you want.

Dropbox cannot do anything for you - because you are not, currently, the owner of the account or the data.... the business is. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?