cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being asked to turn on accessibility on my new Mac computer?

Why am I being asked to turn on accessibility on my new Mac computer?

Worksalot
New member | Level 2

Good Morning, I have a new computer and keep getting this message.  I read the "Learn More" page and I need further information.  I would like to see "Dropbox" on the side bar of my computer so I can easily access my account when I want to store files to Dropbox and not just on my computer but I don't need Dropbox to do anything else.  I do not use it with a team.  So, I don't want to have Dropbox accessing my whole computer and it seems like this is what the error code might be referencing.  Sorry for the really elementary question but any help you can provide would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Worksalot_0-1713794408468.png

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting your question here, @Worksalot

In regards to the accessibility notification you keep receiving, this is just a setting by Apple which allows apps on your Mac to interact with other apps. For more info, you can check out this Help Center article.

Also, regarding the first part of your post, do you mean that you’re having trouble setting up your Dropbox app and easily accessing the local Dropbox folder from your Finder? I’d just like to make sure everything’s working properly on your device. 

Keep me posted.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?