cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have no access to our Dropbox team admin account, and we're in locked state

We have no access to our Dropbox team admin account, and we're in locked state

CM2009
New member | Level 2

We hired a third-party to create and run our dropbox account; however, we are no longer in contact with this person and have no way to ask for the login information. We received an email stating the account is in a locked state. We want to renew the subscription, but we cannot login to the account. We also want to remove this person from the account and they no longer work for us. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CM2009, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Without access to the email address, or the user who owns it, it wouldn't be possible to amend anything about the Dropbox account, as that user was technically the team admin. 

Did you have another team admin on your account? Is that email address a personal email, or a business domain that you have access to?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CM2009
New member | Level 2

I really don't know. I believe she created an email account specifically for our business. Due to legal reasons, we're not allowed to contact her.  We is the only admin on the account - as far as I know. All of our company policies and contracts are in the account. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CM2009, let me jump in here too!

If the email was a business-owned one you might be able to either recreate it, or ask from your IT to access it.

However, without access to either the Dropbox account, or email in question there's not much that we can do. 

Are you or anyone else from the team added as members in this Team? If so, then I'd highly suggest that you download any valuable content, and create a new Dropbox Team. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

You can try contacting support via www.dropbox.com/support while not logged in - even to here so use an incognito window. 

From there choose the billing option choice. However, as @Megan said its very unlikely you'll get access. The person who set it up is the 'owner' of the account and so unless you were using a corporate email and can get the access back they 'own' everything in it and (rightly) Dropbox cant and wont just give somebody else access to it at their request. 

The other option would be to restore everything from your company backups and start a fresh account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    CM2009 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?