cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete my account - says user ID and password don't match

Unable to delete my account - says user ID and password don't match

dnicke
New member | Level 2

I've been trying to delete my account.  I've never used this account since I first opened it a month or two ago.   Today,  I followed the instructions, entered my password (it doesn't provide a place to enter my ID) but a message says that my User ID & password do not match.   So I go into my account and change my user id AND my password.   I'm thinking it's gonna work now, finally!  But I try it again and it still tells me my USER ID/Password doesn't match.   

Why does it tell me that when it doesn't even give me an option to enter a User ID?  I was using the same password I used when it set it up only a few months ago.   Since I'm already logged in, I go into my account and change BOTH my User ID and my Password.  That should fix it, right? 

NOPE.  It still tells me the User ID and Password do not match.  I've been trying to get this account deleted for days.  When I communicated with Dropbox by email to ask them to delete it, they told me I have to delete it myself.  WTH??   I've tried everything now.  Why can't I get this stupid account off of my Desktop PC?  

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dnicke, thanks for reaching out and sorry to see you're having trouble deleting your account.

Have you tried logging in to your account from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?