cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuck in the infinite loop.

Stuck in the infinite loop and can't access my account

DownTime
Explorer | Level 3

My longtime account with all my personal design work in it decided to ask me for verification.  Except it sends that confirmation email to an old Gmail account I had ages ago when I set Dropbox up.  I go to see if I can still sign into that Gmail account, and in the middle of that effort Gmail sends me a notice that says they just detected suspicious activity on my account (me trying to sign in), decides to ask for verification, and sends that confirmation email to an old Yahoo account that hasn't existed since 2003.  I can provide legal ID, I can pay for an account if Dropbox will merge my old free 5GB one into a new one, I can verify my directory structure and files if it helps, I can show my shared folders with my dad and do all kinds of stuff to prove I am who I say I am.  I go through Dropbox, Gmail, and Yahoo's recovery processes and guess what, they're all minimally written bots that have no ability to deal with anything, and there appear to be no humans left in any of these organizations.

I am stuck in the plot of the movie Brazil.  Doesn't exactly make me think a paid account will be worth spending money on.

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @DownTime, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

From what I gather you must be referring to one time Dropbox security code - correct? 

And regaining access to the email address that's associated with that Dropbox account are out of the question?

What you could in such situation is to reach out to our support team through this form.

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant information.

Once you do and you receive a ticket from our system, you can let us know its ID so that we can look it up as well, if needed.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DownTime
Explorer | Level 3

Ah ha, so there are actual humans out there, thats a good sign.  Thanks for your reply.  I've poked around on the support link under your signature a bit looking for the form you might be referring to, but only got caught in the loop of the "Can't sign in"/Chatbot cycle.  I'll definitely start a request from a signed-out incognito broswer & pursue that route, but do you have a link handy to that form?  Thank you Walter, Pete

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DownTime, sorry to jump in here! 

Here is your link. If you end up opening a ticket with our Support, feel free to let us know the number here. 

If you face any other issues, we're here! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?