cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Password files and folders protection and sharing payable add on for Family plan

Password files and folders protection and sharing payable add on for Family plan

User50
Explorer | Level 4

Quick and Simple business win for happier customers: 
-create a billable add on feature to the family plan to be able to password protect files, folders, and sharing them like with pro accounts. 

Other pros accounts does not meet familly personal use (up to 6 users, Vault, shared space) but still need password protection in occasions and I am sure tons of people would be willing to pay for this extra feature. 

Win-Win. Busniess answering people needs. 

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @User50, thanks for messaging the Community.

Just for clarification, are you referring to password-protecting shared links to the files, or just for the files themselves when they sync normally?

Would this be within shared folders, or just private folders?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

User50
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay, 

Thanks for your quick answer.

As a priority password protected shared links for private folders, then for shared folders. Then it could be interesting to have another add on for protecting folders or files with passwords too. So that could be at least 2 different add-ons. 

Do you think there is a chance it can go through to be approved? 

Thank you. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Currently we have end-to-end encryption for certain Dropbox teams, which provides enhanced file security. 

It wouldn't be possible to password shared folders, since this can't be implemented in the OS itself.

For password-protected shared links, this feature is only available to certain Dropbox plans. We appreciate the feedback on this and take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox site and services.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?