cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to my account

Lost access to my account

adamfox
New member | Level 2

I was incapacitated for 3 years. Now, I no longer have my laptop, my phone, or access to my email account.

I've filled in the form about not being able to access an account (it asks questions about what files I have on there, what locations I log in from, etc) but when I submit the form I'm told "some information doesn't match".

I can't contact customer support without a paid account (I have a paid account but can't log in!) and so the community forum is my only option using this newly created free account using my new email address.

What should I do?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@adamfox wrote:

I no longer have ... access to my email account. ... I have a paid account but can't log in! ...

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox address, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?