cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Previous Devices Connected to Dropbox

List of Previous Devices Connected to Dropbox

Bslayton
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox Community,

I am a basic user and understand that with a BASIC account you can up to 3 devices connected to your Dropbox account. I recently updated my list of three devices and in the process deleted the access to older outdate/retired machines (previous computers).

I am in search of those device names, as 1 or 2 of them were company devices.

Does anyone know how to retrace the steps and discover the "previous" list of devices that were connected to an account?

The BASIC level license does not come with live chat, so trying to figure out how to connect with Dropbox team to dig into my account history.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Bslayton wrote:

Does anyone know how to retrace the steps and discover the "previous" list of devices that were connected to an account?

If the device was removed from your account, that information would no longer be available.

Taking another look at my own Security page, I can see a list of previously linked devices. Do you not see that on your own Security page?

229e4ff30c3fdf5ed165af4889e173d6.png

Bslayton
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich,

A few days ago, I did see that list of previous machines. However, in the process of updating, I deleted that list (my mistake). Trying to figure out if there is a way to "retrieve" that list that I consequently deleted 😞

Rich
Super User II

@Bslayton wrote:

I did see that list of previous machines. However, in the process of updating, I deleted that list (my mistake). Trying to figure out if there is a way to "retrieve" that list ...

If you removed the devices from the list, that information is gone.

Bslayton
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the info and confirmation. I appreciate the help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bslayton New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?