cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not receiving the notification to verify my Passwords account on my iPhone

I'm not receiving the notification to verify my Passwords account on my iPhone

Neil Shoe
Helpful | Level 5

I have Dropbox Plus with 2 TB of storage.

I've been using Dropbox Passwords on one PC with Google Chrome browser and on my iPhone (14) with no real issues. 

That PC had a coffee incident and is in for repairs. I took the opportunity to buy a new (additional) PC. I'm trying to instal the Chrome extension for passwords on the new PC.  It says it's sending a notification to my iPhone and the original PC for me to acknowledge. As far as I can tell that notification never makes it to my iPhone (I don't have the other PC at present to check.

Then I try using Recovery Words - I can access them from the settings in the Dropbox Passwords app on my phone.  I enter all 12 words very carefully and get told "Something went wrong, please try again".

No amount of trying solves the issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neil Shoe
Helpful | Level 5

This morning I spent a while on chat with Dropbox Support. But we still got nowhere.

In the end, since the app was still functioning fine on my phone, I exported the data to csv and emailed it to myself, saved in Downloads on my computer.  Then used the "Reset Account" function in the (Chrome) browser. Established a new account from the browser (authenticating with Dropbox id and psw.  Then I could import the data from the csv (easy).

Back on the iPhone, the data had been cleared from the app and I had to authenticate.

Again it said it had sent a notification to the Chrome browser, but I didn't see it. So I used the new Recovery Words from the new browser setup to authenticate on the iPhone.

Now I am back up and running 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Have you checked Chrome is at a recent version? It may need an update if its a new PC - same for Windows. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Neil Shoe
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks fro the suggestions.  I've appled all available Windows Updates and checked that Chrome is the latest version. Removed and re-applied the extension and the result is the same

Neil Shoe
Helpful | Level 5

This morning I spent a while on chat with Dropbox Support. But we still got nowhere.

In the end, since the app was still functioning fine on my phone, I exported the data to csv and emailed it to myself, saved in Downloads on my computer.  Then used the "Reset Account" function in the (Chrome) browser. Established a new account from the browser (authenticating with Dropbox id and psw.  Then I could import the data from the csv (easy).

Back on the iPhone, the data had been cleared from the app and I had to authenticate.

Again it said it had sent a notification to the Chrome browser, but I didn't see it. So I used the new Recovery Words from the new browser setup to authenticate on the iPhone.

Now I am back up and running 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Neil Shoe Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?