cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox pin feature breaks login attempt - acess email doesn't exist

Dropbox pin feature breaks login attempt - acess email doesn't exist

diabolusss
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello!

I can't find a way how to contact dropbox support.

I have successfully logged into my account using login and password few years ago (and pass is still valid). However, email service doesn't exist anymore (qip.ru). I haven't used that email a lot and i have found out that it's dead only now, yet dropbox worked fine until it forced to use pin code for additional security.

So now i can't enter pin code which is sent to a not existent email.

I need to disable pin code check, so that i can enter my account and change email address.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [Removed as per Community Guidelines] Original-Recipient: rfc822;[Removed as per Community Guidelines] Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Remote-MTA: dns; [Removed as per Community Guidelines]Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Message was not accepted -- invalid mailbox.  Local    mailbox [Removed as per Community Guidelines] is unavailable: user not found

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you already have devices logged in @diabolusss ? If so you need to download everything and set up a new account. 

You can try contacting Dropbox at www.dropbox.com/support while not logged in and ask for help, but, without access to email there is precedent that they wont change the email on file

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you already have devices logged in @diabolusss ? If so you need to download everything and set up a new account. 

You can try contacting Dropbox at www.dropbox.com/support while not logged in and ask for help, but, without access to email there is precedent that they wont change the email on file

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

diabolusss
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nope, i haven't, because it was a while when i've used that account.

However, i know password from my account.

And this problem wouldn't have arisen if they have had left me (a user) a choice to not enable secondary pin check.

Thanks, @mark, for pointing out that i shouldn't be logged in to be able to contact them, i haven't noticed that form.

I hope, that they will help me, because there are obvious evidences that email service is totally down.

diabolusss
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm happy to announce that Dropbox support quickly resolved this issue in a positive manner.

Alphahuman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Diaboluss, How was your issue sorted? I am in the same shoes as well. Lost access to my email ID and I have been prompted for a security code.

diabolusss
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@AlphahumanThanks to the Dropbox support team, I was able to regain access to my account. Therefore, you should contact them.

Alphahuman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@diabolusss, I already did. I am not receiving responses from them. How long did that take to fix your issue?

diabolusss
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Based on the timestamp of this post and the email correspondence, only a few days have passed since the issue was initially raised and subsequently resolved. However, the issue I encountered stemmed from the discontinuation of the linked email service.

I hope they will assist you. Best of luck!

support, Oct 31, 2022, 2:38 AM PDT wrote: 
Thank you for contacting Dropbox Support. My name is ***, and I will be assisting you.

Thank you for reaching out about account access. 

Based on your situation and the fact you no longer have access to the email associated to your Dropbox account, then you will need to authenticate yourself manually. 
Please provide the following information:

• What is the email for the account you are trying to access?
  • What is the full name on the account?
  • When did you create the account?
  • What city are you currently in?
  • What city were you in when you last successfully logged into Dropbox?
  • What is the name of a file that you have recently uploaded to Dropbox?
  • What is the name of any person with whom you share a folder and what is the name of that shared folder?
  • What is the name of any linked computer?

Need more support?