cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I logged into Dropbox with Google and now my old account has disappeared.

I logged into Dropbox with Google and now my old account has disappeared.

rajeshdpujara
Helpful | Level 5

Drop box prompted to log in again. I used to login with 4 digit pin. Suddenly, Dropbox asked to log in with email id and password. I got security code on my email id but Dropbox was not accepting it . I tried login with google account and all files got disappeared though email id is same.. Really, don’t know what to do. I would be grateful if any member can help me out. Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @rajeshdpujara - sorry to hear about this.

How long has it been since you last logged into the account in question? 

It sounds like you created or logged into a new Dropbox account. Do you see any signs of your files in the events page?

Also, when  you say you used to log in with a 4 digit pin, are you referring to the two step authentication feature or the one time code perhaps?

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

rajeshdpujara
Helpful | Level 5
Hello Walter ,
Really appreciate your prompt response and further questions..
Pl find below my reply to each query:

How long has it been since you last logged into the account in question?
Just couple of days back .. I log in very frequently..

It sounds like you created or logged into a new Dropbox account. Do you see any signs of your files in the events page?
It’s sounds like that but actually I didn’t.. how can we create two accounts with one email id . My questioned Dropbox account is there since year 2016 .. Dropbox created new account and old data is not there .. I didn’t see any files of old account..

Also, when you say you used to log in with a 4 digit pin, are you referring to the two step authentication feature or the one time code perhaps?
I am referring to authentication PIN .. just enter 4 digit pin in mobile application. No need of further sign in ..

Hope I have replied to all input required. Waiting for your response..
Best Regards

Rich
Super User II

@rajeshdpujara wrote:
I am referring to authentication PIN .. just enter 4 digit pin in mobile application. No need of further sign in ..

That's not signing in to your account. That's just unlocking the app. It has nothing to do with signing in or the security of your account. Once you've linked your device to your account, there's no need for that app/device to sign in any more. The app is already authenticated to your account. The PIN is entirely optional and just prevents someone from launching the app. Uninstall and reinstall the app and the PIN is wiped, and you can just launch the app without it.

rajeshdpujara
Helpful | Level 5
Hello Rich,

Thanks for your response.
What you have mentioned is absolutely correct.
But , Yesterday, all of sudden, Dropbox asked to enter email and password to login in stead of entering PIN which was usual.
It didn’t accept it and sent several times pin for verification of email id. But those pins didn’t work.
Unfortunately, i thought of login through google and all these mess happened and now i am not able to log in to my original account.
I also tried to delete application and reinstalled it but new account is opening.
Now question here is , how Dropbox can allow two different accounts with same email id.
My original account which I am trying to log in was made in year 2016.
Pl try to assist further if you can .

Best Regards

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me as well, @rajeshdpujara! Can you try to log out of your Dropbox account once again and sign back in by using your email address, like you originally did? 

Are you still being asked to insert a new code that’s sent to your email address (this is a one-time code that’s separate to the 4-digit PIN you mentioned previously)?

If you still get that one-time code and Dropbox doesn’t accept it, I'd like a screenshot of what you see exactly on your end; just make sure to cover your email address first.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rajeshdpujara
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Nancy ,
Thanks a lot for your response.
I already tried logging out and log in again.
No new code is getting generated. Simply getting into new account. Nothing else…
I really surprised that how come one can create two accounts with one email id..
I couldn’t find any email id to raise this issue directly with Dropbox customer support team.
Best Regards

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rajeshdpujara, were you part of a Dropbox team at one point, or was this a personal account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rajeshdpujara
Helpful | Level 5
Well Jay , I am talking about my personal account..
Pl help to revive my account if you can ..

Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    rajeshdpujara Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?