cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compromised Account

Compromised Account

caw81677
Explorer | Level 3

We have a customer account that has been compromised where the threat actor has changed the password and authentication method.  The user is not able to sign in the account and does not have any recovery codes.  The threat actor is still sending malicious links from the dropbox account.  We have opened a ticket but dropbox support tells us to login to the account to reset the password but that obviously is not possible.  I have created a trial account just to see if I can get better support options and the community is the best I can find.

If someone from dropbox could please help here is the ticket number

Ticket #24311352

suspend the account, delete the account, reset the authenticator to force setup again then let us request a password reset, do whatever you can please because this has been going on for about a week now.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

@caw81677 wrote:

I have created a trial account just to see if I can get better support options and the community is the best I can find.

Trial accounts cannot get paid levels of support because so many do exactly this I'm afraid - they upgrade to get help then cancel when they have it. 

Unfortunately the only people who can help are the ones impacted - unless you were, at the time, a business plan you wont be able to get support for somebody else. It needs to come from their email. So they need to do the contact I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

caw81677
Explorer | Level 3
The ticket # referenced was created by the impacted user. Just review the ticket and you will see. We really need this solved and so far Dropbox support is not helpful.

Mark
Super User II

@caw81677 wrote:
The ticket # referenced was created by the impacted user. Just review the ticket and you will see. We really need this solved and so far Dropbox support is not helpful.

I dont work for Dropbox so I cant. 

Dropbox support only works Mon through Fri so it wont be picked up to earliest Monday. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    caw81677 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?