cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get into my Dropbox account using my four digit pass-code

Cannot get into my Dropbox account using my four digit pass-code

Diarmaid51
New member | Level 2

Can the community help me get access to my Dropbox account. It has a passcode which I can't remember the correct combination of numbers. How do I get access to my account, how do you go about creating a new password ? . . as the one I was using wont allow me access. I may have the incorrect combination and I didnt take a note of it.
Diarmaid51

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Diarmaid51 wrote:
Can the community help me get access to my Dropbox account. It has a passcode which I can't remember the correct combination of numbers.

Dropbox accounts don't have 4-digit passcodes. Are you referring the the code needed to launch the app on a mobile device? If so, that only protects the app from being opened by others. It doesn't protect your actual account.

You can disable the app passcode on mobile devices by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Note that if you have any files marked as Available Offline, you'll need to mark them as such again after you reinstall.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?