cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't access account due to old email

Can't access account due to old email

MPHTexas
New member | Level 2

I signed up for a new upgraded account and, in the process, discovered I have an old free account through an old work email.  I entered the email and the correct password, but it sent me a code to some unknown location - probably my old email.  It gave me a series of questions to get around that issue, but it's been years since I accessed the account and I have no idea about most of the answers.  

How do I access my old account?

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

@MPHTexas wrote:

How do I access my old account?

Without access to the old email its very, very unlikely you will get access. And one thing I'd say is if you haven't been on in over 12 months the data on it would have been wiped anyway.

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MPHTexas
New member | Level 2

Well, that solves that problem, I guess.  Thanks.

Need more support?