cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!! - No option on my account to cancel my Free Trial for Dropbox Professional Trial

can't cancel my professional trial (no option to cancel it)

mjx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have subscribed the professional trial and it will end tomorrow. 

I'd like to cancel it before the payment, but I cannot find the option to cancel on the "Plan" as described in the manual. 

I found similar FAQs but have no idea how they solve this problem. 

Since I have another account subscribing paid plans, I'd like to cancel my professional trial and delete this one. 

Please help me cancel the trial first. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mjx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I contacted the Dropbox support team, and a staff fixed this problem. 

Whether I logged in on the website or on app, it does not matter for me. I could not fix it either way. 

But I received a email from the support team that they removed the trial in my account. 

Hope this can help you. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

How did you take the trial out? If it was via an App store you have to cancel via there

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mjx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I contacted the Dropbox support team, and a staff fixed this problem. 

Whether I logged in on the website or on app, it does not matter for me. I could not fix it either way. 

But I received a email from the support team that they removed the trial in my account. 

Hope this can help you. 

acadianlifepromo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am needing to cancel my free trial. I chatted with a lady and followed prompts. She was stumped and could not assist me. I attached pics of what she wanted me to screen shot. Current Plan says "BASIC" but billing shows the Dropbox Professional.

Please help! Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 08.57.51edit.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-20 09.01.01.pngScreenshot 2023-03-20 09.03.41.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @acadianlifepromo, sorry to see you're having trouble with this.

If you previously started a trial, it would make sense that it appears in your billing page.

However, if your plan page shows that you're on a Basic plan, you probably cancelled it already.

How did you initially start the trial? Directly through our website, or did you use the Dropbox app on your mobile device?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vasiljeva
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to canceled my Basic plan, but I cant do it. Also I cant found it on google pay.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Vasiljeva wrote:

I would like to canceled my Basic plan, but I cant do it. Also I cant found it on google pay.

Are you sure you're being charged? The Basic plan is a free plan, and has no cost associated with it.

If your Plan page shows that you're on the Basic plan but you're being charged, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're actually being charged for.

Need more support?