cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no 2$ offer for private use like Microsoft OneDrive oder Google Drive have to offer?

Why is there no 2$ offer for private use like Microsoft OneDrive oder Google Drive have to offer?

Boximusmaximus
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm currently a little under the storage limit for free users (2 GB), however I won't need hundreds of GB either. I would probably max out my storage needs at 5 GB potentially and I most likely would pay 2$ a month for a small chunk, let's say 100 GB of storage. Why do your offers only start at 10$ and 2 TB. That is too much in terms of storage and prices. I'm sure there are quite a few people that just need some space for documents and not an entire lifetime of photo albums, which your offer implies?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Boximusmaximus wrote:

I'm currently a little under the storage limit for free users (2 GB), however I won't need hundreds of GB either. I would probably max out my storage needs at 5 GB potentially ...

Hi @Boximusmaximus,

Every service has their pros and cons. As you note, a Dropbox cons is the free storage strong storage limit (and missing competitive prices for low consumption). And yes, as Mark noted, there are different reasons for that (every company has their marketing strategy - that's the Dropbox' one 🤷). Fortunately there are lot of competitors. Many of them - like GDrive (as you noted), pCloud, Mega, and many more - match and overcome your expectation (~5GB) for no money at all (their free plans). 😉 You may consider looking for and switch to such a service.

Hope this gives direction.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox have previously said that lower plans lost them money - too many people downgraded basically. Plus, they have also said that they are not pricing on storage but services offered. 

Unfortunately you are never ever likely to see cheaper plans from Dropbox. What they do, regardless of if we agree or not, is working and is profitable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Boximusmaximus wrote:

I'm currently a little under the storage limit for free users (2 GB), however I won't need hundreds of GB either. I would probably max out my storage needs at 5 GB potentially ...

Hi @Boximusmaximus,

Every service has their pros and cons. As you note, a Dropbox cons is the free storage strong storage limit (and missing competitive prices for low consumption). And yes, as Mark noted, there are different reasons for that (every company has their marketing strategy - that's the Dropbox' one 🤷). Fortunately there are lot of competitors. Many of them - like GDrive (as you noted), pCloud, Mega, and many more - match and overcome your expectation (~5GB) for no money at all (their free plans). 😉 You may consider looking for and switch to such a service.

Hope this gives direction.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?