cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Dropbox keep emailing me about billing after I've downgraded?

Why does Dropbox keep emailing me about billing after I've downgraded?

DanielAX
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Don’t know who is supposed to look at this, but I canceled my subscription to Dropbox (I wasn’t using it; I don’t need it.) via the Apple app just like the website tells me to do. Since then, I have been getting harassing emails from the Dropbox billing mail bot telling me they can’t bill my credit card. No sh*t Sherlock … I canceled the subscription … and I did it before the renew process was to have begun. So why are you sending me emails, multiples even, each day when I have followed your process to unsubscribe, downgrade, and cancel billing? Now, I’ll be happy to pay Apple for the extra storage space if and when I need it.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @DanielAX, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It's possible that the downgrade request from Apple might not have reached the Dropbox system, hence the emails regarding the billing details. 

Once the change to your subscription has been registered, you shouldn't receive any further emails from Dropbox regarding this matter.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @DanielAX, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It's possible that the downgrade request from Apple might not have reached the Dropbox system, hence the emails regarding the billing details. 

Once the change to your subscription has been registered, you shouldn't receive any further emails from Dropbox regarding this matter.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Lisi4ety
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have the same issue! I canceled my subscription over a month ago and now I’ve been getting emails regarding the billing details twice per day. What can I do about it?

Jsmyly
Explorer | Level 4
I’m having the same issue. For the past month I have been receiving emails from drop box that payment cannot be processed. Very confusing process. They certainly don’t make it easy to leave.

DanielAX
Helpful | Level 5

I have done everything exactly as they say to do. I have followed the instructions to the “t.”  The answer given by the Dropbox rep doesn’t hold water; Apple has notified other subscriptions ending in December in the same week as Dropbox; no issue with those vendors. But here we are at or near 14 days after the renew lapsed, over 30 days since I canceled the subscription, and I’m still getting emails. I’m sure Apple updates subscription information more than every 45 days. Seems Dropbox is simply trying to harass me into re-subscribing. It’s just bad business practice whatever it is. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! I’m sorry to hear this keeps happening. 

If you open one of these emails, and select the option to “Unsubscribe”, do you still keep receiving them?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

tyd
Explorer | Level 4
There is absolutely no option in the Email to unsubscribe from it. Also no preferences in Dropbox.com will stop this Email notifications as it is a billing reminder.

nullpointer
New member | Level 2

@Nancy wrote:

Hi everyone! I’m sorry to hear this keeps happening. 

If you open one of these emails, and select the option to “Unsubscribe”, do you still keep receiving them?

It's been two months since unsubscribing from Dropbox Plus in November 2023 and keep getting payment emails every single day.

No unsubscribe option in the email, and note the email is missing the date from "your account will automatically downgrade to our Basic plan after ." Seems like a screw-up on Dropbox's end failing to downgrade the plan rather than Apple.

Hi John,

We're having trouble with your recent BASIC payment. Don't worry, you still have access to your account, but you'll need to visit the App Store to update your payment details. Apple handles the billing for subscriptions started through the iOS app.

Once your info gets updated, we'll re-bill you through the App Store. Or, your account will automatically downgrade to our Basic plan after . Your files won't get deleted, but you'll have less storage space—from 2,000 GB to 2 GB.

If you have any questions, please visit Dropbox support.

Thanks for your help!
- The Dropbox Team

Roidus
Explorer | Level 4
I have this issue also. I am starting to perceive the daily emails of “Your payment cannot be completed” (after I legitimately downgraded using the prescribed process) as quite agressive,

Roidus
Explorer | Level 4
I am starting to perceive these daily emails of “your payment cannot be completed” as a little aggressive.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    ReneeMcK New member | Level 2
    JujuT Explorer | Level 4
    Hyffjjnh Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?