cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox plan differences

Which plan should I go for? Professional or Business?

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3

Greetings,

I am planning to upgrade to higher plan from the free version,since I have TERABYTES of data I need to back up.

I am not getting though this:

Professional: €16.58/month,3 TB (3,000 GB)

BUT
Standard: €12/user/month,5 TB (5,000 GB)

Why is 5TB cheaper than 3TB?
And what is the process if one wants to change between pricing plans ?

That is one of the things I struggle with,as I am unsure what plan would fit best for me,and also I need to balance price vs features.

Danny

11 Replies 11

Richard Eltink
Explorer | Level 4

Hallo Danny,

I'm also new here and i'm testing DBox as well.

I believe the differents are (Standard: €12) for each user, You have to buy 3 licences,So the standard one is 12x3=36 euros.

And de Profecional plan is for 1 user only.

@Staff, correct me if I'm wrong 🙂

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3

I am a Dropbox user for I think about 10 years,but I have always used only Free,because I had a powerful backup by university-provided GDrive and Onedrive licenses,which allowed me to go up to 2TB of storage. Now when my unviersity membership ended (I already graduated),I need to substitute for it.
I chose to try it with Dropbox,as it proved to have much better sync capabilities.

I was able to crash both GDrive and OneDrive by the sheer amount of changes I do,because most of my data are mass-managed by PowerShell.
I will still have to pay for Office365 Suite due to the need of the Office applications (I extensively use Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook and their specific functions,which Libre/OpenOffice etc. usually dont do -or do it in a manner which is not good for me)
But Dropbox was my first onlien storage and to this point remains my major online storage.

Rich
Super User II

@Richard Eltink wrote:

I believe the differents are (Standard: €12) for each user, You have to buy 3 licences,So the standard one is 12x3=36 euros.

And de Profecional plan is for 1 user only.

@DannyJPN 

Exactly as @Richard Eltink states. Standard is a Business plan meant for a team of people and starts with a minimum of three users. Professional in an individual plan meant for one person.

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3

Therefore,what do you think would be the best option for me?
Go for Professional? (and risk too high price)
Go for Plus (and risk too small storage)?

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3

To clarify further:

I do not need collaboration,I am a sole user.
I do not need advanced sharing between users.

I need the sheer size of the storage with online/offline access for syncing files between computer,laptop and phone.

And potentially later the ability to programatically access Dropbox's API,so that I can create my own application which makes use of Dropbox's sync abilities.

I often perform mass-edits with my data,resulting in tens of thousands of changes within a few dozens of seconds. Only Dropbox was able to outperform my mass-data-managing scripts.

Mark
Super User II

@DannyJPN 

It is easy enough to upgrade between plans so you could always go with Plus and then if needed upgrade to Pro.

Its a bit more difficult to go down as you need to wait until your payment for the plan has finished before it will change.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3

Can you please tell me how the process looks like?
I have never paid in any other way thatn in cash.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @DannyJPN, happy Monday! 

The process is fairly easy. You choose the Dropbox plan you need to upgrade to, and then input your billing info, and pay for it. 

Our payment options for individual accounts are credit or debit cards and PayPal. We currently accept the following cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.

If you get a Dropbox team account there are more options, but you'll need to discuss this with a sales representative. For more information about Dropbox team you can go here.

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DannyJPN
Explorer | Level 3
I am an individual. I do not work with anyone.

Wait wait it is not possible to pay via bank transfer???
Need more support?