cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to cancel recurring monthly charges for a dropbox account

Unable to cancel recurring monthly charges for a Dropbox account

Stewart4
New member | Level 2

I have a monthly charge on my credit card for a dropbox account.  I can't cancel this charge as the prompts don't match the account I have access too.

There is no way to call Dropbox and speak to a real person to resolve this.  My only next step is to cancel my credit card.

5 Replies 5

Shogun1989
Helpful | Level 6

Have you tried reaching out to the community manager at Dropbox? And what of going to your billing section to see if it's possible to remove your card or cancel your plan?

Rich
Super User II

@Stewart4 wrote:

I have a monthly charge on my credit card for a dropbox account.  I can't cancel this charge as the prompts don't match the account I have access too.

You can use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being billed for. If it's one of yours, sign into that account to cancel, or contact Support if you can't access the account.

If you don't recognize the account, contact Support to get the billing stopped and then contact your bank as your card was likely used without your consent.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Stewart4
New member | Level 2

The only account I can access is the basic account I've had for years for free.  When I try your suggestions I can't locate anything related to my billing.  All the "Dropbox Support" appears to be automated messages which drive me to try a different access which does not match what I have attached to my basic account.  The phone number attached to my monthly invoice does not accept calls.  Still it appears to me that cancelling my credit card completely is the only way to defeat the Dropbox charges.  It's frustrating having a firewall of automated messages acting as a buffer to getting what I want.  I can cancel my basic account but my reading indicates cancelling the free account won't stop the charges.  Is there a phone number that I can call and talk to someone who represents Dropbox?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Stewart4, let's jump right into this! 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. 

I'll be happy to see you there, thank you! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@Stewart4 wrote:

All the "Dropbox Support" appears to be automated messages which drive me to try a different access which does not match what I have attached to my basic account.

You need to make sure you're not signed in to ANY Dropbox account, including these forums, otherwise you'll only see the support options available to a Basic account, which doesn't permit you to open a ticket.

You need to visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Is there a phone number that I can call and talk to someone who represents Dropbox?

Phone support is only available to Business customers and it's handled via a callback initiated from the Admin console of the account. There is no number to call.

You need to open a ticket following the directions I listed above. Make sure you use an Incognito or Private browsing window to make sure you're not signed in.

Tagging @Megan and @Nancy to see if they can start a ticket for you.

Need more support?