cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upgrade it says I'm already paying for an account.

Unable to Upgrade it says I'm already paying for an account.

SourGirl23
Explorer | Level 3

My plan suddenly downgraded to basic even though the card we have on file is working fine. No matter what device or browser I try, I am unable to upgrade back to the 2TB plan I have been on for years. When I try through the iOS app on my phone, I get a message that says I am unable to upgrade because I am paying for another Dropbox account with my Apple ID. This is not true, as they are connected. When I try on Safari through the website, I get a spinning icon and an error message on the payment page, plus a warning from my virus detection software that it is unsafe. I have the same issue on Chrome with my laptop. I am so frustrated, as now that I got downgraded, I can't even send a support email. I just want to upgrade, and I don't want to lose the thousands of files I have uploaded. What can I do?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SourGirl23, welcome to our Community!

Please be aware that if your account is ever downgraded, Dropbox will not delete any of your files. 

Did you previously upgrade the account, using the Apple Store? When you visit your plan page online, what plan do you see reported there? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SourGirl23
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Megan,

I have always paid for my plan through Apple subscriptions. When I check through there, it says I am subscribed to Plus and fully paid. When I log into my Dropbox account, the plan page says I am down to a Basic account and out of storage. No matter what button I try to click to upgrade, the payment page won’t let me. I don’t want to pay for one account twice of course anyway . Is there some kind of issue between Apple and Dropbox?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

HI @SourGirl23, can you try restoring your purchase in the iOS app using these steps and let me know if it helps?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    SourGirl23 Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?