cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring paid plan to another Dropbox account

Transferring paid plan to another Dropbox account

chow1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have a basic plan Dropbox account with all of my files in it on my laptop and I was trying to upgrade my subscription to the plus tier. But when I went to buy it my chrome browser made a new account with my gmail and I bought a year long subscription of the plus tier on this new account. Is it possible to transfer this subscription to the account that has all my files on my laptop on it?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@chow1 wrote:
 Is it possible to transfer this subscription to the account that has all my files on my laptop on it?

No, it's not possible to transfer a subscription to another account. Use a shared folder to move your files from one account to the other, then you can swap the email addresses on the account (using a third email address).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@chow1 wrote:
 Is it possible to transfer this subscription to the account that has all my files on my laptop on it?

No, it's not possible to transfer a subscription to another account. Use a shared folder to move your files from one account to the other, then you can swap the email addresses on the account (using a third email address).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?