cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synology NAS Dropbox Synchronisation | Business-Account

Synology NAS Dropbox Synchronisation | Business-Account

TheMarc
New member | Level 2

Hello,

ive just installed an Synology NAS and connected it via Cloud Sync with my Dropbox-Account (right now its on "Business 30 Day Test").

It was necessary to update my plan to "business for small companies" .. otherwise it would not connect the NAS to the Dropbox.

Now i can see that its written that every user costs 12€. So my question ist: When there is only one user registered, do i only need to pay 12€ per Monthts right? Or do i have to pay for minimum 3 users even there are no second or third users connected? So its 36€ per Months?

Standard
12 € / Nutzer / Monat
5 TB (5.000 GB) • 3+ Nutzer

The only reason why i set it up like this is because i want to have a backup of my Dropbox on the Synology NAS. 
In the case i need to pay for 3 users (even if only user is used) i dont want to use the synology nas for backup no more .. do you have any cheap recommendation for backup when having the normal "plus" plan? Its not a must to backup on Harddisk .. so you can also mention web-backup solutions.

Thank you!
1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@TheMarc wrote:

Now i can see that its written that every user costs 12€. So my question ist: When there is only one user registered, do i only need to pay 12€ per Monthts right? Or do i have to pay for minimum 3 users even there are no second or third users connected?

Business accounts have a minimum user count. If you sign up for an account that lists 3 users minimum, you'll be charged for 3 licenses whether you assign them to someone or not.

The only reason why i set it up like this is because i want to have a backup of my Dropbox on the Synology NAS. 

Unless something has changed recently, or unless Synology has changed their app, you shouldn't need a Business account (or even a paid account) to sync to a NAS. The Dropbox applications on NAS devices aren't official apps. They're written by the NAS manufacturers and use the Dropbox API to connect to your account. This doesn't show up as a linked device and wouldn't use a license on a Business account.

It was necessary to update my plan ... otherwise it would not connect the NAS to the Dropbox.

What message was it giving you when you tried to link your account on the NAS?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?