cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Severe Billing Queastion

Severe Billing Question

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6

Am being billed double for my Dropbox yearly fee.  It is charged to my PayPal account.  I cannot speak to a rep, only business customers apparently.  Dropbox cannot find records of billing me twice but it is clear on my PayPal CC account.  Paypal says they cannot do anything because they are getting legit charges from Dropbox.  I have send screenshots of the cc statement to the CHAT session with the transaction IDs, but Dropbox still no help.   Can anyone at Dropbox please help me speak to a human?  Totally frustrated with Dropbox and I rely on it heavily. [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

15 Replies 15

Rich
Super User II

@ae1m wrote:

Am being billed double for my Dropbox yearly fee. ... Can anyone at Dropbox please help me speak to a human?

There is no phone support unless you have a Business account. You need to open a ticket. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6

I know, it’s bull**bleep**.  I sent Dropbox support screenshots of my CC statement showing double billing and they will not act.  CC says they were legit charges.  Like I said, sent CC statement showing transaction ID’s and exact same billing address for correct and the incorrect posting.  SO Dropbox says they didnt, CC company says they are legit charges so both close their cases and I am stuck having to pay 2X.  Each pointing finger, cannot SPEAK to someone at Dropbox.  Time to find another service and I am a heavy Dropbox user and rely heavily on the service.

Rich
Super User II

@ae1m wrote:

I sent Dropbox support screenshots of my CC statement showing double billing and they will not act.

Do you have your ticket number? If so, reply here with it an one of the Dropboxers might be able to look into it for you.

Tagging @Hannah @Nancy @Walter 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ae1m, like @Rich mentioned, if you have the ticket number for your communication, please pass it along to us, so we can locate it in our system.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6

Ticket 21353386.  I can resend my latest email if you provide me an email address.  I sent them my normal payment info credit card statement from November 2022 when I normally pay my yearly fee.  In the same email I also sent my February statement showing a charge for the exact same amount form them with correct address (San Jose).  Both statements had the transaction reference numbers on them.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number, @ae1m.

I can see that you're already in contact with our team, so I've passed your comments along to that communication and raised the priority on my end.

Please keep an eye out on the email chain, and you will have a reply from them very soon.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

ae1m
Helpful | Level 6

Still no reply.  Isnt there some way to speak to a human being at Dropbox?  Very frustrating.  @Hannah @Rich 

bronius
Helpful | Level 5

This is a great tip - - thank you! However, the Billing Support form is 500 on submit each time, whether I'm signed in or not (incognito). The number provided in the PayPal transaction ("855-337-6726") appears to be DropBox saying they're no longer taking phone calls. Don't know if this is legit or not; Has anyone tried simply canceling from PayPal side?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bronius! Thanks for posting on this thread. 

Can you let me know a bit more about your billing issue, so that I can try to guide you from there? Did you receive some unidentified charges from Dropbox via PayPal and you’d like to make sure you’re no longer billed?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?