cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to email to login and cancel my subscription

No access to email to login and cancel my subscription

Trapped
Explorer | Level 3

I left my job that my dropbox subscription is tied to. The subscription was paid for with my credit card and I was reimbursed. Now that I am no longer working there, I want to cancel the subscription, but the work email tied to it no longer exists/I do not have access to it. I have no ability to log in and cancel it. Because I cannot log in, I can only get "assistance" from the Chatbot which is no assistance at all. How does one contact a human being at dropbox in order to explain the situation and get the subscription cancelled?

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Trapped wrote:

... I want to cancel the subscription, but the work email tied to it no longer exists/I do not have access to it. I have no ability to log in and cancel it. Because I cannot log in ...

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Trapped
Explorer | Level 3

Three weeks ago I explained I could not cancel a subscription because I do not have access to the work email of an employer I no longer work for. Cannot sign in, I cannot cancel. 

I received this wonderful email from Dropbot: Ticket #23954820: Dropbot Support Chat

That's right, a ticket and a promise to follow up. SURE. If I tap the ticket to try to find out if I am actually going to get a response, GUESS WHAT? To access the ticket I need to sign in - the one thing I CANNOT do. 

Do any humans actually work at Dropbox? Is there a way to talk to one? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @Trapped, thanks for reaching out to us again and sorry to see you're still having this issue.

I found your previous post and moved this one to it and from what I can see, Rich gave you some steps to follow, in order to contact our support team directly.

It seems you opened a communication with Dropbot instead, but not to worry! Here's what you need to do:

1. Open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page.
  2. In the "I want to look up information related to" section, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.
  3. Fill out the rest of the form.
  4. Click "submit".

A new ticket should come to the email address you will provide, which you can access directly from your email, no need to sign in anywhere else.

Let us know once you have your ticket number.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Trapped Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?