cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My subscription got cancelled when accepting an invitation to join a team

My subscription got cancelled when accepting an invitation to join a team

MC3B
New member | Level 2

I have a personal plan, and accepted an invitation to collaborate as a Team on dropbox from a client. 
Automatically when accepted, all my dropbox folders are part of this client's plan, and my subscription has been cancelled and refunded. 
The dropbox on my computer has now my client's name.

This is not what I intended, I genuinely assumed the invitation was to a shared extra folder. 

I have written to dropbox, but see no live chat or number is available. How does this can be fixed and reversed to what it was, as soon as possible? 

14 Replies 14

MC3B
New member | Level 2

Thank you everyone, that clarified everything. I'm now in touch with the now-owner of that Team / Admin who will be able to help following Rich's steps. And I'll then switch straight away for a Plus plan.

But it is scary as people are away and I have to rely on the good faith that nothing will be accidentally deleted. I'm running a safety backup, but again to back up 800GB that will take a while. The now-owner/admin seem to not have intended sending me that kind of invitation in the first place. They though were in the process of sharing some specific folders in which we both could edit, add and remove things – which is very usual practice.

So we'd like to state again to the Dropbox team that instructions, and warning signs should essentially be much starker (we only received 1 mild 2 options message, just 1, no clear warning with spelt out exit of plans, what account it would affect etc). Those must be revised. 

JPS80
New member | Level 2

Hello,

thanks for posting your issue here - I have exactly the same problem and even after contacting the help team directly, providing information on the account, dates and even my payment information to trace the folder I have still had no success and what feel likes very little real help from the person in the team answering the emails. They hadn't ever suggested the steps that were added here by the community support member - thank you for that information! I would be keen to know if you were able to solve your problem and if your files were still in the team folder? 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @JPS80 - could you share your ticket number for your support interaction so that we can look it up in our system? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JPS80
New member | Level 2

Hi there Walter,

thanks for the speedy response. My ticket number is 23837059. I've been exchanging many messages and event shared a link to a file in the folder that has vanished (a pr account that I have been paying £95.99 a year for). But have been told that link can't show the folder destination with the team? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket ID @JPS80 - much appreciated.

I've passed your comments on to the agent who's handling your case and they'll be getting back to you soon.

Let us know if you have anything else we can assist with in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?