cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account got deleted when I tried to downgrade from a Dropbox Business team

My account got deleted when I tried to downgrade from a Dropbox Business team

projectslestudio
Explorer | Level 3

I am a Dropbox Plus subscriber and made my last payment on May 13, 2024. On June 5, 2024, I received a notification to renew a Dropbox Business Plus subscription due to the trial ending. I do not recall signing up for this trial, but upon checking, I found that my account was inadvertently added to a Dropbox Business Plus trial on May 5, 2024.

On June 5, 2024, I could no longer access my files and was prompted to upgrade and add billing information for the Business Plus Team account. I was given two options: “Disband Team” or “Keep Dropbox for Teams.” The option “Keep Dropbox for Teams” costs $1,440 per year, which I do not need. I had just renewed my “Dropbox Plus” plan on May 13, 2024, for $119.88.

Therefore, I chose the option to “Disband Team.” I did not delete the account; I simply selected "Disband Team" with the intention to downgrade from the free Business Plus trial to my regular “Dropbox Plus” for personal use.

According to Dropbox Help, disbanding a team is permanent and causes regular team members to lose access to team content, however as a team admin, I did not think that I would be losing access or permanently deleting content. 

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/downgrade-team-plan#:~:text=You%20can%20change%20from%20Dropbox,lose%....

When I try to log in to my paid Dropbox Plus account, I receive the message: "This account is deleted. Please re-register with a new account or wait 30 days to re-register with your current email." I attempted to create a new account with my admin email, but the message "This email is already taken, try another" appears. I see other users fell into that trap before: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Plans-and-Subscriptions/Cancelled-my-Business-account-and-now-I-cann...

This situation is causing major disruptions, and I urgently need help to restore my account and regain access to my files. I would love some help or feedback. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @projectslestudio, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In general, once an account is deleted, it cannot be recovered. I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link. From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Keep me updated with any progress.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?