cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost My Plus Account Status and All Files

Lost My Plus Account Status and All Files

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

Have had a Plus Account for 7 years and it is Paid up until April 2024. All of a sudden, all of my files seem to be gone when accessing the account with my browser and the account shows as a basic account without any access to my payment status.  Accessing from PC's and Android Apps shows all the files - 

I can't find an email address or tel number to discuss with Dropbox support staff. Any ideas?

Several people in my organization have full access to the account.  Thanks - Bruce

24 Replies 24

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @pmca, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask how you had upgraded your account in the first place? Was it through an app store on a mobile device or via the website directly perhaps?

If it's the latter, you can try using our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charge(s) for your upgrade. 

Also, when you say that several people have full access to the account, were you sharing credentials with them or were you referring to a shared folder perhaps?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the quick response.  I upgraded online to Plus through my Browser several years ago - I found my latest transaction - the number on my CC statement was removed - it was charged on 30 Mar 2023 that continued with the plus account into Apr 2024.

I changed the email address on the account about a month or more ago - would that have impacted this in any way? When the 2FA sends out a code to log in from a device that has not logged in before or is signing in from a new location, it sends it to the account with the original email - anyway my account no longer shows my files or plus status nor are my files there when logging in with a browser but when I access DB via the App on an Android Device or win 10 they are there and continue to sync.

This is an account for our seniors community, Several people have full login capabilities to look after files in their specific folders. If they have the app it works but not for those logging in with a browser. 

Any ideas? Need to login with a browser and see all the files and have full account management.

Thanks

Bruce

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @pmca, did you use the lookup tool that Walter mentioned in his previous reply?

That should give you the email address associated with the paid account; do you still have access to that email?

If so, try opening a different browser or a private browsing/incognito window and go to dropbox.com to login to it and see if you can access your files.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

Did the lookup tool - and wen to the link provided - but could not see my files or billing info - used the chat line - got to my account again - but could not see my payment, nor that the account is a plus and none of my files are there - I can send my receipt . I can also send the copy of my Chat, it should have been emailed to me. 

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

Used Chrome in Incognito, and also used Bing & Firefox - all the same results - see my account as basic, with no files and cannot see billing I have a receipt for payment can I send this to you - also have an email with my chat.

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

Can see all my files on the APP on the PC and on Android  - don't have an apple product.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @pmca.

When you used the lookup tool and found the email address of the paid account, was it the same one as the one you see when you go to your account settings here?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pmca
Explorer | Level 3

When I used the lookup tool, it took me to the account that I have the receipt for Plus and where all my files were there. It no longer shows it as a Plus account and all my files are not there.  I need this restored. I have every file backed up offline so I just need the Plus account restored and if the files are gone - I can upload them. 

Here is the point, however - the files are still being synchronized with my mobile and win 10 Dropbox apps. How can this be?  Please help. 

RocioRios
New member | Level 2

Hi! I've the same problem. The only thing that makes my problem a little different is that I received an invitation to a family account. I'm already out but I can't upgrade my plan anymore. I paid by Apple Store on 01/03/23 (1 year plan) and already tried to pay again if it is necessary but had no success. I already tried everything suggested by Help center, including look up tool (MLY7J6GW2V).

Please Dropbox Support, help me! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hwdIII Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?